Tran Thi Thanh Toan
Program Manager (based in
"I enjoy challenging myself in the dynamic working environment that is SRD, an organization through which I have great opportunities to learn and exchange as well as contribute."
Ms Tran Thi Thanh Toan joined SRD in July 2010 and is currently working as a program manager in SRD's Hue based office. Toan spent seven years working for the Quang Tri Provincial Committee on Organization and Personnel and then the Public Administration Reform project under the Quang Tri Provincial People's Committee where she learned and experienced a lot in public administration, gender equality, poverty reduction and community development and grassroots democracy. She was then employed by an American based NGO working in war legacy as the Viet Nam Office Administrator and then Program Manager from August 2004 until June 2010.
During 1997-2010, Toan also worked as a collaborator for the Quang Tri Office's Plan International and sometimes as a seasonal consultant for World Vision International's Area Development Program in Quang Tri and for the Medical Committee of the Netherlands and Viet Nam. These experiences gave her great opportunities to accumulate knowledge and experience in areas including community based rehabilitation and health care, disabilities, and natural disaster mitigation.
This diverse experience has helped Toan to gain valuable knowledge and experience in leadership, co-ordination, planning, management, finance and administration, and monitoring and evaluation.
Toan holds a Bachelors degree in English, granted by the Hue University of Pedagogy. In addition, she has certificates from many other long term and short-term training courses such as:
• Human Right towards Gender Equality (Sida ITP, 2011-2012);
• Project Monitoring & Evaluation (CECEM, Ha Noi, 2008);
• Organizational Change & Development (CECEM, Ha Noi, 2004);
• Gender & Equality (Institute for Science Socialism of the Ho Chi Minh National Politics Institute, Ha Noi 2004);
• Project Management (TD&T Training School, HCM City, 2003);
• Gender and Equality (PAR project, Quang Tri 2003);
• Foreign Relations & International Economics Integration (Quang Tri PPC and MoFA, Quang Tri, 2002);
• Project Management (World Vision Vietnam, Da Nang, 2002);
• Translation Skills (AIT, Ha Noi, 2001); Land Administration (General Department of Land Administration, Ha Noi, 2001);
• State Management on Organization and Personnel (Training Department under the Government Committee on Organization and Personnel, Quang Tri, 2001);
• 6-month training in Public Administration Reform (Government Committee on Organization & Personnel, Ha Noi, 1997).
Before and after joining SRD, Toan has attended many different workshops at regional and national levels, including the Regional Workshop on War Legacy at Sub-Mekong Region (Siem Riep 2004); the Asian Conference on Farmer-led Solutions for Food Sovereignty and Resilience (MASIPAG, Philippines 2010); Opportunities for CSOs Engagement in Strategic Decision Making – SEA, EIA and other Processes (TEI, Thailand 2012); National Dialogue on DRR &CCA (Da Nang, VN 2012); WS Sharing Community Initiatives in Coping with Climate Change (Can Tho, VN 2012); Mekong Region WSs on Water Management and Climate Change Adaptation (TEI, Thailand 2012, 2013); and the 2013 Asia Pacific Regional Consultation with Special Procedure Mandate Holders (APWLD)