Nguyen Kim Ngan
Deputy Director cum Chief Accountant/ Finance & Admin Manager
"I enjoy working at SRD because it is a strong organisation with lots of teamwork and a good work environment. Our work is helping the poor and poorest improve their livelihoods, and helping Vietnam grow into an equitable society."
Ngan was elected to be SRD's Chief Accountant of Finance & Administration Manager in March 2006 at SRD's inception. In May 2012, Ngan was promoted to Deputy Director. She is in charge of all internal issues which relate to finance, human resources and administration. She is extremely knowledgeable in accounting, having a B.A. in Accounting from the Hanoi National Economics University and a Masters of Business Administration degree from Help University College.
Working with CIDSE Vietnam (the NGO from which SRD inherits it's experience) for six years enabled Nguyen Kim Ngan to maximise her ability with ACCPAC accounting software, and with it she provided technical support for all three of CIDSE's country programs (Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam). Ngan's past experience as an auditor and an accountant adds to her professional management of the CIDSE accounting system. In addition, Ngan was an internal auditor for CIDSE, and she has completed audits for numerous CIDSE projects as well as trained project partners in accounting methods.
Ngan's employment experience has been complimented by additional training courses including:
• People to People relation skills in international cooperation, (7/2007)
• Financial Management, (10/2006)
• Oganization Accessment and Development, (1/2006)
• Project Planning and Logical Framework, February 2005
• Advocacy Training Workshop, November 2004
• Strategic Financial Management for NGOs, October 2003
• ACCPAC software consultant certificate – Accpac, September 1997
• Certificate of attendance audit course – Bourne Griffiths Vietnam, December 1996